Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Conclusion of 23 Things

I was so disappointed when I first found out that I had to participate in 23 Things for LATI. 23 Things was starting during the summer and I wanted to take a break from the internet. However since I began this journey I have found the assignments informative, educational, and beneficial. My favorite discoveries or exercises were:
Thing #6 - uploading a flickr picture; Thing #8 - RSS Setting Up My Own Newsreader Account (I can get up to date information on the subjects that interest me); Thing #11 - Putting my favorite books on LibraryThing - that was cool, dude!; and Thing #17 - sandbox wiki - I got to talk about one of my favorite pasttimes - eating italian ice at Rita's on an extremely hot summer day.

This program has enhanced my lifelong learning goals - I will now explore resources on the web when I undertake a new learning experience. For the most part, once I found ample resources in hard copy format I did not further explore the web resources.

At times it was frustrating to post information on wikis - it was like being in traffic. I learned to be patient, though.

If another discovery program was offered I would gladly participate, but hopefully it would not only be offered in the summer. I would rather "play" (learning goal 7 1/2) than be inside or outside on a computer. I used some of my "play" time to accomplish the 23 Things.

My learning experience in a few words - informative, enlightening, challenging, and rewarding.

No comments: