Friday, August 17, 2007

NetLibrary/Project Gutenburg/Overdrive

Although I would rather physically hold the books I am interested in, I can see why NetLibrary and Project Gutenburg and Overdrive are essential tools for a bookworm. I just don't have the space in my home required to own a copy of every book I love or desire to read. Being able to download a book on a MP3 and listen to it at one's own leisure, cuts down on a lot of clutter and makes enjoying a book in a car really easy to do. The last book I have listened to in ebook format is The Holy Bible. I enjoy reading the Bible so the ebook format is just an extra treat. I will not substitute the ebook format for the hard copy format, but I would use it as a supplement.

There were a wide range of titles on Overdrive, NetLibrary and Project Gutenberg and I know eventually more publishers will be offering titles as ebooks also. A lot of our customers enjoy the ebook format as well as hard copy. Some are enjoying a title in both formats for visual and audio stimulations to the upmost.

No comments: